Bank Any Time with Online Banking
With convenient access, monitor your account 24 hours a day. Simply log in using the Online Banking Login button in the top right corner of the website. Then enter your member number (or unique login ID) and password.
Benefits of online banking:
- View checking, savings, and loan accounts
- See transaction history
- View copies of cleared checks (drafts)
- Download e-statements from the previous 27 months
- Make loan payments and transfers
- Pay your CTFCU credit card by account transfer
- Enroll, create payees, and schedule your payments, with Bill Pay
- Make cross-member transfers
Self-Service Account Update Options:
- Change your unique login ID (under User Profile, then User Preferences)
- Change contact information (phone, email, and mailing address)
- Sign up for mobile banking
- Sign up for eAlerts
- Apply for a Loan
Receive $5.42 when you enroll in e-statements through online banking! Access your statements at any time using this convenient service. Simply, log in to online banking to complete the enrollment process under the “Services” tab.
To sign up for online banking access, use the “Not Enrolled? Enroll Today!” link on the login page.
Forget Postage and Pay Your Bills Online for Free
Enrollment in Bill Pay is easy! If you are not a current user of Bill Pay, enroll online through NetBranch Account Access. A CTFCU Checking Account is required, so if you have a current checking account with us, sign in to online banking and click on the Bill Payer tab.
Paper vs. Electronic Checks
We attempt to send every payment electronically, but if the payee does not accept electronic transactions, a paper check will be mailed. To make savings and checking account deposits, please use the Funds Transfers feature.
Payment Scheduling Tips
We request that bill payments are scheduled a minimum of five business days prior to the bill’s due date to ensure timely receipt.
Payments to Carolinas Telco FCU
If you are making a loan or credit card payment to a CTFCU account, you can simply make the payment as a transfer through online banking.
Note: Other account-related fees, like Stop Payments and NSFs, will still apply as appropriate. If you do not schedule a bill payment within a six-month period, your Bill Pay account may be closed. A closed Bill Pay account can be reopened for memberships in good standing.