Policy for CTFCU Social Media Sites
Carolinas Telco Federal Credit Union’s (CTFCU) social media sites are where we encourage interaction and education between the credit union, members, and our communities.
While social media is active 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, we can't guarantee that we'll reply to every comment. If you post a question to one of our sites we will respond as promptly as possible during working hours.
CTFCU will never ask for confidential or private information on a page visible to the public. If we require additional information, the user will be contacted through a direct or private message. We will never discuss a member’s personal transactions or account information in a manner that violates their right to financial privacy.
For safety, users should never include their phone number, email, home address or other personal information in a public post. Users comments are visible to all.
Disputes and account-specific complaints should not be made through social media. If you need to notify CTFCU of a dispute, complaint, unauthorized transaction, lost or stolen card, or billing errors, please review our Membership Agreement for policies and instructions, or call us at 800-622-5305.
By using a social media site, you represent that you are at least 18 years old, or if you are younger, you are using the site with the consent of your parent or legal guardian.
We ask that users are respectful in their comments. We reserve the right to remove anything that includes:
- Confidential or personally identifiable information; including but not limited to account numbers, Social Security Numbers, phone numbers, email addresses, financial information, passwords, and PINs
- Third-party advertisements, spam, or comments designed to direct traffic to other sites
- Material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to a person or other entity
- Any suggestion or encouragement of illegal activity
- Malware, viruses, or phishing attempts
- Offensive language or material (even if edited, but remains suggestive)
- Violations of copyright laws and content that is not owned by the user
- Photos, videos, and links to other sites, except if requested by the site managers
- Content from or regarding known individuals under the age of 13
- Messages that are off-topic or do not clearly foster discussion
By submitting any content you grant Carolinas Telco Federal Credit Union the right to use this content in any and all Carolinas Telco FCU websites, including social media channels, print and other media, including your likeness (your profile photograph/picture), without payment or any other considerations.
By providing any content to any social media site, users grant CTFCU the irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, right to reproduce, distribute, publish, and display such content and the right to create derivative works from such content, edit or modify such content, transfer the medium of such content, and use such content for any CTFCU purpose; regardless of whether such use is part of a social media site or otherwise.
The views and opinions expressed on our social media sites do not necessarily represent those of CTFCU. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for the accuracy or reliability of information posted by external parties.
We may occasionally post links to third-party sites when we think users will find helpful. This does not in any way constitute CTFCU’s official endorsement of the external site or content. When transferring to sites that are not owned or managed by CTFCU, you will no longer be subject to, or under the protection of, our privacy and security policies.
THESE TERMS MAY BE UPDATED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE, AND EACH TIME A USER ACCESSES A SOCIAL MEDIA SITE, THE NEW TERMS WILL GOVERN, USAGE, EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING. To remain in compliance, CTFCU suggests that you review the terms, as well as the other site policies, at regular intervals. By continuing to post any content after such new terms are posted, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications to these policies.